speedo cable

peter Whitwell
looking for speedo cable any help on length and fitting as smiths seems to vary from veglia,

Recommended supplier

Re: speedo cable

Hendred
The cable fitted to my bike with a Smiths magnetic speedometer was 63 inches.  Turned out to be the same as a late Velocette Venom cable.  I replaced it with "fkspeedcable028" from Feked.  There are plenty of other suppliers.  It has to be for a magnetic speedo as the speedo head end is different for chronometric speedometers.  Don't know about Veglia speedometers.

Hope this helps.

Re: speedo cable

Staffs
Have a look at a Bonneville or Norton one from the 70s. Think that's what you want. Cant remember the length tho.