The one and only

gasman
Administrator
Shock and horror, but due to unforeseen circumstances I am having to let go of my Special. Not happy but thats the way it goes unfortunately.

You all know the storey behind it so I will not bore you any more.

Just waiting for V5 from DVLA and then ill get it mot'd.

Just had a few runs on it down my farm track and delighted with the engine response and power, far better than the first Silk I had, the rear wheel spins in second on a damp and slightly muddy track as the revs hit 6500rpm.

will be very sad to see her go but needs must.

I have her on eBay at a gestimate of £8500 but I am open to sensible offers or indeed will listen to what other people think it may be worth. On the same hand there has been a lot of work carried out to get to this stage.

All the best Kev

Re: The one and only

Well if I was rich I would have to choose between this bike or the girl in the Russian add

Re: The one and only

gasman
Administrator
Girls win every / most times

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Feb 2015, at 22:20, Smokey_Paul [via Silk Motorcycles] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Well if I was rich I would have to choose between this bike or the girl in the Russian add

http://silk-motorcycles.6084.x6.nabble.com/The-one-and-only-tp5001270p5001275.html
To start a new topic under Silk Motorcycles, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Silk Motorcycles, click here.
NAML

Re: The one and only

peter Whitwell
Hi Kevin,

Bike looks Great- if only you were not so far away,

regards

Peter

Re: The one and only

What's the update Kev?

Re: The one and only

gasman
Administrator
I was going to say my shed is now two stroke free but it lasted a week before a 1949 Scott arrived for restoration. one day maybe, thats until i get my dads 1927 two speed Scott. In the meantime I have this to occupy my nights, days weeks months maybe years. Don't all laugh at once, you've got Silks, lol

Re: The one and only

Looks fun did you sell the Silk then and was it to someone local?

Hope you pointed him to the website?

Re: The one and only

gasman
Administrator
Of course, deal was in to look after it in the event of any probs

Sent from my iPhone

http://silk-motorcycles.6084.x6.nabble.com/The-one-and-only-tp5001270p5001308.html
To start a new topic under Silk Motorcycles, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Silk Motorcycles, click here.
NAML

Re: The one and only

Fergie
Hi All,

I ought to introduce myself as the new owner of Kevin's Silk.

My name is John, but I use the name Fergie on various forums, sometimes with an image of a Grey Fergie tractor, which tells you some of my other interests.

I'm fairly local to Kevin, living in North Lanarkshire, maybe 50 miles or so from him.  Active in the local VMCC with a varied collection of old bikes, Land Rovers and some tractors.  This coming Sunday there is a bike run scheduled specifically for two strokes, called the Blue Haze run through Ayrshire, so I'm planning to take the Silk.  This might surprise some of the others who would normally expect me on an MZ sidecar outfit.

I tend to lurk on forums rather than say a lot, but I'll keep an eye on this one.  Good to meet you all (in a virtual sort of way).

John

Re: The one and only

Welcome John good to know the bike is in good hands.

Re: The one and only

Fergie
Thanks Paul,

Yesterday was a fine Spring day, if a little overcast at first, so our local VMCC section went out for the "Blue Haze" run, which was primarily themed for two strokes.  Eighteen bikes of various sizes went for about 110 miles mainly along unclassified minor roads in Ayrshire, where you could ride for miles without seeing any other vehicles.

Not all were two strokes but plenty of the older bikes emitted emitted a blue haze, so that was OK.  The Silk went well, and was much admired.  One of the riders posted in advrider and the link is below:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1058901

Regards,

John

Re: The one and only

Those lanes look beautiful for my Morini Kanguro

Can I get an invite with a weeks notice to get there