Spark plugs

Nick
The threads on here for plugs are fairly old now.

I put  NGK BR7HS in when I bought the bike to run it in and have kept using them long after.

I see some run BR8HS normally

I need new plugs for this season and wondered if any one has tried the Iridium NGK?

They are supposed to withstand higher temperatures so was thinking of sticking with the direct replacement to B7HS  which appears to be BR7HIX they cost about 2 1/2 times as much but are supposed to need less current to spark so wondered if the bike would be better at slow speeds?
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Spark plugs

Nick

I mean B8HS
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Spark plugs

Chris Exelby
My bike was fitted with B7HS and they kept fouling up, requiring regular cleaning. I switched to the Platinum NGK B7HVX and they work day in day out, month in and out. In fact they have never fouled up.

In the quest for even better performance I have recently purchased some NGK BPR8HIX. They are Iridium  with the same narrow electrode and longer noses that will sit further into the combustion chamber and  operating at higher temperatures should be even better at self cleaning. Sorry but I have nothing to report yet!

Re: Spark plugs

Chris Exelby
NGK_Upgrades.pdf

I found this NGK 'upgrades' list very useful.

Re: Spark plugs

Nick
Thanks Chris have ordered some BR7HIX to try.
I wont fit them until I have put the bike back together and used it a few times to see if I can notice any improvement when I do.

Would be very interested to know how your new option works?
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Spark plugs

hendred
I have been running NGK BP8HS plugs for several years now.  The plugs have never fouled so far and seem to give better running at low speed/small throttle openings.