Silencer Repacking

Hendred
The Silk is smoking again after its winter slumber - what can possibly go wrong this year! Usual cleaning of the carburetor jets (starting jet gets blocked) and of she went.

The exhaust noise is pretty anti-social with most of the wadding missing from the silencer.  Anybody repacked theirs and if so what did they use?

Thanks

Re: Silencer Repacking

Hi Hendred I have a big bag of silencer packing I bought off eBay seems fine to me and packed well. Its like fibreglass wool http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RFX-FLAT-SHEET-EXHAUST-SILENCER-MUFFLER-PACKING-MOTOCROSS-ENDURO-2T-2-STROKE-/390784635007?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5afc94507f

Hope this helps?

Re: Silencer Repacking

Eric Ratcliffe
Hi,
    Have been looking at stainless wirewool, its available on ebay.
Should last longer, than fibreglass packing.

Re: Silencer Repacking

Hendred
Thanks for the responses.  I think I will go for the fibreglass packing as it looks easier to get a good fill.  If it lasts another 30 years that will do me!