Rear wheel identify URGENT

Arthur Farrow
Hi in my parts I have 4 rear wheels by ARE and they are all different.

A non Silk owner in Japan wants one and I do4 wheels not wish to send him a SILK one

which is which please ??

wheel 4

wheel 3

wheel 2

Wheel 1

Re: Rear wheel identify URGENT

Fredvincent
Arthur, the second photo (4 segments with holes for the Cush rubbers) matches my late Mk2 (1979) wheel I have just taken out.
Mine is silver rather than black finish.

Re: Rear wheel identify URGENT

Arthur Farrow
Excellent

This means I have a pair of new Silk wheels in Black. My own bike is a Mk 1 with spoked wheels so no use to me as a spare

Ill sell them !

Anybody and ideas what the other wheels are from ??????

Re: Rear wheel identify URGENT

Agree second is late MK2 in black the other ofvthe first three can be used with slight modification I guess why kept.
The last one is very interesting as I do think it's Silk as I have  sprocket for that style and think it was used on a late MK1 with alloy conversion.
This is the thing with sprockets as well as there are different front types depending on if bolted or cast and same with the rear sprockets as some had 4 hole some 6 etc etc

Re: Rear wheel identify URGENT

I would sent the third one with 6 small cush rubbers

Re: Rear wheel identify URGENT

Arthur Farrow
All wheels now sold EXCEPT the black one ..there is a matching front one and they are NEW