Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

Hi is anyone interested in meeting up and having a stand at Popham as I have a stand available for about 5 Silks or more if we can get together.

Popham is easily found near Basingstoke in Hampshire and has good ammenities for those wishing to camp on the  Saturday evening with the big show on the Sunday.

We have two already confirmed so a good start please let me know and I will send out free entry passes for the weekend and any questions let me know.

Cheers

http://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/Index.htm

Re: Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

Hendred
Hello Paul,

I'm planning on going again this year.  Be good to have some other Silks for company.  There has been a lot of interest in the Silk there and several owners, past and present, come and had a chat.  Our own stand would be good too - been among the Velo boys for the last two years.

Jon
JJ

Re: Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

JJ
Hi Paul
Like the idea, I'm in the Graham Walker run the Sunday before. (Wall Autowheeling round the Beaulieu area with the Sunbeam Club). Tha means I'll need to check that I'm not required for anything; like parental care.
 If I can I'll come along for at least one day. Sorry its not more definite but its the best I can do.
John

Re: Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

No worries John I am setting up a joint stand with the Rotary Owners Club so it would be a great mix of odd balls ...

I will request details nearer the date to send out free entry tickets for the whole weekend.

Re: Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

gasman
Administrator
Paul, I feel like I'm going to miss out, i'm defiantly an oddball.  Did you get chance to send me that photo, front page could do with a change, cheers Kev

Re: Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

Hendred
Hello Paul

I plan to be at Popham on the Sunday and I have a pass for the meeting.  Any idea how many Silks are likely to be there?

Regards,

Jon

Re: Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

you and me I guess!!!

My bike is going to be on the Rotary owners club stand as we have lots of room. Please join me there as we have people on stand all day and will have tea and coffee and bisuits etc.

Re: Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

John
Hi
I'll be there on Saturday if these new coils work, pretty sure they will-the sparks were healthy and blue when I jury rigged them. Should finish the job fitting them tonight.
Sorry I can't make Sunday.
See you there.
As no ticket can you have a word with the guys at the gate to say I'm coming? - mine's the faired blue one
John
JJ

Re: Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

JJ
Still working on it but can only get sparks on side. Will keep trying tomorrow am, have a few checks that might make it go. If not, sorry!
JJ

Re: Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

My Silk would be there Sunday if the weather holds if not Norton both days

Re: Popham Mega meet 16th & 17th August 2014

Well done Hendred on a great day out lets get a gang together for next year, make a date now for the same weekend. I can get us a place if we want an official stand.