Lockheed brake

Nick
where can I get a seal for the front locked brake?
Its the compression seal
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Lockheed brake

hendred
Andover Norton have the repair kits for the Lockheed front brakes.

The repair kit for the caliper is CP2696-RK. For the two ring master cylinder fitted to twin discs it is CP2410-1RK and for the single ring single disc master cylinder it is CP2215-20RK.  Make sure you order the correct kit if it is for the master cylinder as they are expensive now. Andover Norton are very helpful if you call them.

If it is the caliper you could try Feked as well.

Hope this helps.

Re: Lockheed brake

hendred
If it is the seal between the two halves of the caliper AN  have them and also on EBay.  Search for CP2696 Crossfeed Seal.

Re: Lockheed brake

Nick
Its for the twin disc master cylinder all I need is the inside piston seal.
The kits seem to contain this one wakes and the external boot and cost around £70!
If I check triumph spares on line you appear to be able to buy kits for £20 or just the seal.
I know - I would have to know which one fits!
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Lockheed brake

hendred
The seal kit is expensive and I don't know of any alternative.  RGM Norton have the seal kit £42.50 + vat which is a bit better than Andover Norton. You can buy an after market complete master cylinder for less than the seal kit.  Suppose it is the price we pay for having long discontinued equipment.  A smaller bore master cylinder would give a brake with more feel. Quite a few Morini and Norton owners are using 14-16 mm master cylinders with similar sized calipers pistons and report a better brake.  Probably require a new brake pipe though so the cost goes up!

Re: Lockheed brake

Nick give me a shout I have a number of part kits happy to go thru them for you.

Glad the kickstart spring helped you.

Paul

Re: Lockheed brake

Nick
After weeks of no interest- I am trying to fix this, I think I have a seal but what brake fluid do I use?
The manual says Lockheed 329S ?
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Lockheed brake

hendred
I use DOT 4. I think the Lockheed is DOT 3 and DOT 4 is a later spec which is compatible with DOT 3 seals.

Re: Lockheed brake

Nick
Thanks - every time I get some enthusiasm to get into the garage and sort a few things to get it ready- it turn and is freezing with snow forecast!!
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Lockheed brake

Nick I work at Norton Motors now as Workshop manager so have full access to Andover Norton and all drawings etc