Heat sink

Nick
I am on a roll with problems the bike starts but cuts out nearly straight away.
On checking the wiring under the tank I can hear what sounds like shorting when moving the wires coming out of the heat sink. can you buy new ones?
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Heat sink

Which one have you got this is the Luminition box I have some good tested spares.

Re: Heat sink

Nick
I will take it off and post a photo.

Are you not still away Paul?
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Heat sink

Yes back Saturday

Re: Heat sink

Actually Nick I think Arthur has some spares too so it might be worth contacting him as he invested quite a bit to buy some spares stock so would be grateful for some custom
 Try Arthur Farrow first please and if no luck on the ignition box let me know. The other parts he won't have.

Contact me on arthurwfarrow@hotmail.com ONLY - do not reply to this Forum post it will make the forum clogged !!

Re: Heat sink

Arthur Farrow
I do have a fair amount of Luminition units (I assume this is what you meant by heat sink) Pretty much all are used and I'm prepared to post (at your expense!) on a if it works pay me basis

Will need that photo though and we would need to swop addresses etc

arthurwfarrow@hotmail.com  02475011213

Re: Heat sink

Nick
I failed to remember the Auto electricians mantra "Always start with the battery"

The neutral lead had worked loose, so when I moved the leads near the heat sink I could hear the arcing on the neutral terminal. ( why do we always fear the worst?)

When did I find the problem- only after removing the tank and heat sink!!!!

I did clean up any and all contact connections that I could see just to try to kid myself I hadn't wasted a sunny day!

But to save yourself wasting time please remember.    "Always Start with the Batery
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Heat sink

That's was lucky