Fuel Tap

My Fuel Tap says 'made in Japan' on the side but what is it from as I need a service kit?

Thanks Paul

Re: Fuel Tap

Part number is Suzuki 44300-05112 but this is now unavailable

Re: Fuel Tap

Found that the tap washer can be bought easily for :- 1x GASKET, FUEL TAP, GT185/125, GP125/100, AP50

From Discount bikes spares delivered for approx £6

RE: Fuel Tap

gasman
Administrator
Paul Do you have a contact no for them ta Kev

Kevin Bayliss

Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 16:33:02 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Fuel Tap

Found that the tap washer can be bought easily for :- 1x GASKET, FUEL TAP, GT185/125, GP125/100, AP50

From Discount bikes spares delivered for approx £6

http://silk-motorcycles.6084.n6.nabble.com/Fuel-Tap-tp4939589p4947783.html
To start a new topic under Silk Motorcycles, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Silk Motorcycles, click here.
NAML

RE: Fuel Tap

I was not happy with the fit so forget this I am still looking into alternate Suzuki numbers.

RE: Fuel Tap

I bought a new tap in the end from ebay very cheap Item number: 360378315625

Seems the best way to go and there are quite a few of them out there.

RE: Fuel Tap

I have just bought one of these and it was too cheap to be true. Arrived quickly and fitted perfectly.

Ebay Item number: 360378315625

Exact replacement for the obsolete Suzuki part in the UK.

Re: Fuel Tap

gilesorton
My fuel tap gasket has failed. I followed this useful thread to identify that the tap is Suzuki part  44300 05112 renumbered 05115. I may have missed something obvious but I have not however been able to see a part number for the gasket. From Discount Motor Spares I sent for gasket 44341 28070 which looked to be the thing, but it turns out to be a tad smaller, marked 23 (whereas my old one is marker 25) and is ribbed on both sides (whereas my old one ribbed on one side but flat on the other).
Any help as to where I can find the necessary gasket (sort of the ultimate solution which is to buy the whole tap, which is available) would be much appreciated.