stainless brake line/hose fitting size

Dirk
Hello again,
i wanted to put a new brake lines on my MK 2, just for savety.
Now i found that on the Spondon caliper the thread looks like 3/8-24, wich is not the problem;
problem is that on the opposite side of the fitting, where the line is connected to, seals on its bottom with a cone...the lines thread size looks to be G 1/8-28 !?
Can anybody confirm that sizes?
Has anybody put aftermarket lines and wich ones?

Greetings from insane Germany

Dirk

Re: stainless brake line/hose fitting size

hendred
The thread size for the hose is 3/8 UNF.  I suspect the other hole with the conical bottom is for the bleed nipple but I don't know the thread size for that one.  I used Venhill to make up my Silk brake hoses, they will black plastic coat them if you want them to look more like the originals.  I used HEL UK for the brake hoses for my Morini and they have an on line custom option which works well.

Hope this helps.

Are you sure it is 1/8 × 28 tpi?  1/4 x 28 (1/4 UNF) was a standard bleed nipple size about the time the Silk was made.

Re: stainless brake line/hose fitting size

Dirk
...the thread size is 3/8-24; for the bleeder screw and the hose adapter fitting;
the adapter fitting is 3/8-24 male(caliper) and on the other side 1/8-28 male (hose).
This male/male adapter seals to the caliper exactly like the bleeder screw, with a
conical bottom.
Problem is, i cannot find an adapter or fitting that has this conical thread to fit/seal to
the caliper

Dirk

Re: stainless brake line/hose fitting size

Dirk
......looks like both threads, the one for the bleeder and the one for the hose
are finished the same way....
3/8-24, and both with the conical seal on the inside bottom to seal (like any bleeder screw)

Re: stainless brake line/hose fitting size

hendred
My original hoses ended in a male 3/8 UNF fitting which screwed directly into the calipers just like the the bleed screw.  No banjo fittings or banjo bolts.  The replacements from from Venhill were made the same - the old hoses were sent to them to copy.

Re: stainless brake line/hose fitting size

Mmmm yes I used Venhill as well