coolant

Nick
My bike came with some orange liquid in!
When I first saw it I thought the worst rust, but it wasn't .
The Scott Owners club seem to recommend Alpha-11 anti freeze protector due to all the different metals in head and radiator, they also use distilled water?
What do others use? any recommendations ?
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: coolant

hendred
I use plain tap water from Cornwall which has very low calcium salts. Not very helpful if you don't have access to it. I drain the coolant system down every winter and keep the bike in a frost free garage.  Alphi 11 is a central heating anti freeze and corrosion inhibitor and I haven't heard of it being used in motor vehicles but can't see why not.  It is quite expensive compared with normal blue antifreeze (both are glycol based).  The use of distilled water is to prevent adding calcium salts to the system. Clean rain water should be ok too. If you search past posts on antifreeze you will find that several members have had overheating problems with high concentrations of glycol based antifreeze. I believe Smokey Paul uses a low concentration of the red OAT antifreeze.

Hope this helps.

Re: coolant

Nick
Thanks Will get some distilled water- the corrosion was for the radiator but I have mainly just used tap water.
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: coolant

Silkolene Pro cool is designed exactly for the various engine configurations and never had a problem