Wiring and flasher unit

Arthur Farrow
THIS MIGHT HELP SOMEBODY : I have now completed the re wiring of my bike. I used a Triumph T140 LH switch assembly with integral lever. Looks neat . Also a Boyer ignition and 200W alternator with AO electronic regulator.

This meant a redesign of the wiring system, but only marginally and I hit a problem.

Power is fed to the Flasher unit which in turn feeds the indicator switch to the L or R indicators. Simple enough eh? Well my bike has ONE indicator warning lamp rather than TWO and this is fed by a spur off the L circuit AND the R. If I put on the (say) left winker what was happening was power was flowing to the warning lamp and then to the  right winker so ALL were going on and vica virca. A diode to stop "backflow" would help but the original Silk loom has none. ??

Rather than understand WTFWHappening I bought a three pin flasher unit by NAGARES (ITES-3) from Electrical Car Services in Rayleigh Essex who are fabulous. Next day service etc etc

This is aa Electronic  three pin unit where one terminal goes to the warning lamp.

I simply connected just one wire to the unit and taped up the other....BLISS