Winter Break

Hendred
End of October and the Silk put on SORN for the winter.  Its been a good year this year - no breakdowns or problems on any runs and going better than previously.  Probably means something dreadful is about to happen!  Had a really good run round the North Berkshire Downs on friday in bright sunshine and empty roads - what could be better.

The front brake, double discs, was getting very "wooden" - no feel and a bit all or nothing.  Was thinking about a caliper strip over the winter but decided to lubricate the brake lever pivot.  A little grease on the end of the lever where it presses on the end of the master cylinder and what a difference.  Nice feel and a progressive brake. Never thought a little lubrication could makes such a difference.

About to drain down the engine for the winter and look forward to next spring.  Hopefully we can have a Silk get together at one of the bike shows, such as Popham or East Hagbourne next year.

Re: Winter Break

Titan500
I hope to join you next year on my Silk :)