Tool kit

Jurassic
When sold was a tool kit supplied? My bike's right hand side panel has a riveted on inner piece forming a pocket, which looks like it could have housed a kit (if not what was it for?). Those that use their bikes regularly I suspect take tools with them, as I'm hoping on riding mine soon what are considered to be the tools and spares essential for overcoming the dreaded breakdown?

Re: Tool kit

hendred
I don't know if the bike was supplied with a tool kit, if it was mine is long gone.  I have "pockets" in both side panels and take the following:
2 new and correctly gapped spark plugs
Plug spanner
Dumpy screwdriver with exchangeable bits
6"adjustable spanner
Spare headlight and taillight bulbs
Roll of insulating tape
Spare fuses

Not a lot of room much else, plus a charged mobile phone to call recovery!   Only needed the spark plugs and screwdriver when the fuse holder melted so far.

Re: Tool kit

Arthur Farrow
Re Spanners one of the problem (on my bike at least) is some bolts are Metric, Some AF and some BSF/BSW  so taking spanners is a bit of a....what ones?? This an adjustable whilst rather heathen is a good idea. Id add some Allen keys too in sizes appropriate to bits that might come loose..