Szuki ignition key

gilesorton
My Silk came with just one set of keys including Suzuki ignition key. Having just lost a set of caravan keys (though after 2 weeks and £45 spent on replacements they re-appeared in my wife's peg bag???) I thought I ought to have a spare set made up for the Silk. The local Timpsons did not seem to have any problem with the Union key for the side covers, but professed themselves to be unable to replicate the Suzuki key as they did not carry a suitable blank.

Des anyone here know how that might be obtained. (I suppose trying a local Suzuki dealer might be an answer, but 40 years on would they be able to help?)

Re: Szuki ignition key

Old Suzuki key blanks often appear on EBAY I would have a look there if you remember the type?

Re: Szuki ignition key

Arthur Farrow
My bike has a standard Lucas on-off lock and a separate toggle switch for light switch so they are not all Szuki

Re: Szuki ignition key

Hang on I may be able to give you the key number as I had some cut ages ago...

Re: Szuki ignition key

gilesorton
Thanks Paul. My Suzuki ignition key is stamped with no 316. Local Timspons did not have a suitable blank. May be some on eBay though but at around £20 seemed a bit steep.

Re: Szuki ignition key

My Key which I think was from Timpson is stamped JMA Hond 4DP and it works fine try that with them.

Re: Szuki ignition key

ashleyb
Hi,
I have a spare key blank that fits my 700s with suzuki ignition switch. If you have not already found a suitable blank, let me know and I'll send you this one.
Ashley

Re: Szuki ignition key

gilesorton
Ashley

Many thanks indeed for your offer. I have not yet found a blank so would be very pleased to take you up on your offer.

I am reluctant to post my address on a public forum. If you would care please to e mail me on [hidden email] I will then send my details and sort out any other details.

Regards

Giles

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020, at 4:12 PM, ashleyb [via Silk Motorcycles] wrote:
Hi,
I have a spare key blank that fits my 700s with suzuki ignition switch. If you have not already found a suitable blank, let me know and I'll send you this one.
Ashley

To start a new topic under Silk Motorcycles, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Silk Motorcycles, click here.

Regards

Giles

  Giles Orton
07768 827101

Re: Szuki ignition key

If you need help I can pass details between users with your permission