Steering head

Nick
I would like to fit a grease nipple to the steering head tube, would this work?
Is it a solid tube or would the grease go into the down tube?

/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Steering head

Arthur Farrow
Nice idea but the tube is large diameter internally and the stem quite small inside so there is a big void

Better to use good grease and pop top yoke up a bit every once in a while drop forks marginally and insert grease direct into top and bottom taper roller bearing

I really do not think this needs to be done more than say every 10,000 miles or 5 years

Better to lube the swing arm bushes!

Re: Steering head

Nick
Thanks a great idea I will give your suggestion a try.

Always trying to improve the bike. next part is a better fuel tap- I am concerned the push-pull on on my bike may be restricting the fuel on climbs at higher revs.
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png