Silk wanted

Stenton
My late father owned a 1923 Scott Squirrel when he was a medical student, so I was brought up knowing quite a lot about Scotts. I owned a 1926 open-frame 600cc Super and a 1939 rigid-frame 600cc for many years. Unfortunately, I never got around to restoring my Scotts and eventually had to sell them due to circumstances beyond my control. I would now like to buy a Silk - preferably a Sabre - and preferably in good original condition, although I am quite capable of doing any restoration which might be required. I passed my M/C test in 1957, my IAM advanced test in 2012, and go on club ride-outs regularly. My current bike is a 1989 BMW R45 which I fully restored. It is very nice indeed to ride, but I would now prefer a lighter machine - and a Silk is, for me, the only logical choice.
If anyone would consider selling me their Silk, I can guarantee that it would be going to a good home and would be very well looked after.

Re: Silk wanted

Good luck on your quest and welcome to the site.

Re: Silk wanted

ukpco
There's one on ebay at present with a £6500 start price. Looks worth investigating.

Re: Silk wanted

Hendred
Looks good for the starting price with no bids so far.  As far as I can make out the engine number is 700/S2/41 or 47 which would make it quite an early Mk II.

Re: Silk wanted

Stenton
Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and I will make some enquiries about it before considerring placing a bid.

Re: Silk wanted

Stenton.
I was lucky enough to win the auction, and the bike was delivered here yesterday.
Reg. No. PAU 415R  VIN 700s239  Engine no. 700241.
I havn`t tried to start it yet, but will post an update later.

Re: Silk wanted

yes and send some pictures for the site.

Contact me and I will give you my email address