Silk for sale

Nick
there is a M2 Silk with the Westgate fairing on car and classic bikes site £12,000
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Silk for sale

Keepin' on
This sounds like the bike pointed out to me on Facebook today, for sale in Southampton. I inquired about this machine when it was sold privately in Scotland a few years ago. I learned that the unique stainless steel side panels were fitted because the owner lost a side panel out on a ride and despite retracing his route couldn’t find it.  His son was a stainless steel fabricator - clearly highly skilled - and made the bespoke panels for his dad. I believe the bike sold then to a dealer in England for about the price asked now. But now it seems to have engine trouble …

Re: Silk for sale

ukpco
Actually it was sold direct to me from Scotland and, unknown to me, it wasn't running properly then. I think I was sold a pup!

I've been fiddling with it off and on since then with little effect and I've now decided I need to either sell it on or get it properly fixed this winter. If it doesn't sell I won't be too unhappy as long as I can get someone to sort it out.

Re: Silk for sale

I am just getting near completion of an early MK2 so should have room for another rebuild soon if you want.

Re: Silk for sale

ukpco
 I didn't sell so I'll take you up on that Paul. I'll email you.

Re: Silk for sale

Welcome 👍