Silk for sale

Nick
Verralls classic bike dealer have a Silk for sale.
Looks in good condition but for a large crack in the tank paintwork.
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Silk for sale

Chris Exelby
At £14,500 for a nice looking machine it seems priced to sell.

http://www.verralls.com/post-war-motorbikes/1978-700cc-silk-700s-mk2.html#

Re: Silk for sale

Nick
Now seems to be sold
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Silk for sale

Did anyone catch which number it was or colour?

Re: Silk for sale

hendred
Now you're asking!  It was in the list of known Silks and I think the engine number was 62 - but could be wrong.  It was either black or dark green if memory is correct.  Hope I'm not getting confused with another bike.

Re: Silk for sale

Nick
Defiantly black and an 80s numbers I think
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Silk for sale

Thanks at least it was known and I think I know the bike then as in that area and black.

Maybe the gearbox woes bike we shall see lol