Silk Scott Special info please

Arthur Farrow
I just bought a 1973 Silk Scott NVX59M number 12 of the ones made. Call me silly if you like as I still have not concluded the running of the Mk1 I have. No particular issue just other things just overtook me -like a Rudge Ulster bought from a mate that proved a swine, but I think is now sorted at a cost of several thousand beer vouchers and a lot of work.

I've paid for the Silk Scott but not yet collected - apparently it runs and rides fine. I believe anything.

I know very little about these except I did see one at a guy in Bexleys house about 30 years ago...an old Bonhams auction says of a later bike (21) than mine

This machine is, of course, built using a Spondon frame with Spondon Ceriani-type teleforks and Silk gearbox No:7 with a Jawa Speedway 'pink' clutch instead of the previously-used Velocette transmission. Spondon hubs are used, the front having Fahron 2 LS components, the rear Yamaha. The engine is thoroughly engineered with Silk cranks with caged rollers and Glacier thrust pads, Silk pistons and stuffing blocks, alternator and Silk ignition.

Anybody any first hand knowledge???

Re: Silk Scott Special info please

Hi Arthur the seller requested info and set up from me.
Glad someone on the forum bought it as looks and sounds a good bike from discussions.
Be good to have some better pictures and must get around to doing a website update with a lot of new numbers etc.
Congrats mate

Re: Silk Scott Special info please

Arthur Farrow
I bought if from Andy Tiernan the day it appeared on his site. Missed 2 previously and though "oh bugger it - only money!"

Was it AT that contacted you ? What did you tell him? I know nothing.......

Ian Parsons of Scott Club gave me owner details to 2009 but could offer no more advice or knowledge. Oil pump looks v different!! Will not actually get the bike for a few weeks.

Obviously I am familiar with the Silk and I have a 28 Scott ex works Racer so this seemed to be a good (if daft) fit. Sort of like a Norvin or Triton of the two stroke world!!

Re: Silk Scott Special info please

Yes AT contacted me I am looking to see what I have in my records. Will let you know what I find.