Silk Oil tank

Arthur Farrow
It looks like my oil tank is starting to break up as its leaking through the fibreglass - only a bit, but time will come for it I guess.

Anybody got a spare either to borrow to make a (few?) alloy ones or to buy ??

Re: Silk Oil tank

I do have a brand new one here but wouldn't want to post it.

Re: Silk Oil tank

Arthur Farrow
Good news that .......No problem collecting assuming you are not in Timbuktu!! How much to grease your palm for It then ?

Where are you anyway ??

All a bit bonkers in my life at the moment so could not collect just yet (soon though I think), my wife was diagnosed with the dreaded “big C “ 6 weeks ago and has had a 5 hour robotic surgery 10 days ago and whilst she is doing remarkably well I’m now chief cook and bottlewasher as well as Builder, nurse, plumber, Electrician, gardener , workshop manager  and occasionally Insurance bloke!

Best to respond direct to arthurwfarrow@hotmail.com

Re: Silk Oil tank

Yes life has not been good here me and my partner have now been made redundant due to Covid and lots of other issues so starting a plan to sell some bikes which sadly looks like one will be my lovely Silk so have lots of lovely rare spares NOS here

Re: Silk Oil tank

Arthur Farrow
sorry to hear that. Covid has messed with us all.
I may be prepared to do a bulk Silk bits buy for the benefit of the group. Meanwhile how much that tank please.

Contact me direct please

arthurwfarow@hotmail.com

Re: Silk Oil tank

Arthur Farrow
Hi Paul

I have not heard from you on that oil tank

Hope you had a good Christmas and Happy New Year

Re: Silk Oil tank

Hi I did send a message as I had a thought what type tank do you need as there are a few types early split type with sight glass in the side or complete mk2 type etc ?

Re: Silk Oil tank

Arthur Farrow
Hi PaUL

NEVER GOT A MESSAGE FROM YOU...MAYBE WENT IN MY JUNK

mY SILK IS AN EARLY mK 1 (NO 3 OR 4) AND DOES NOT HAVE A SIGHT GLASS

DOES THAT MEAN ITS A mK2 ??

i AM IN TOUCH WITH STUART N WHO MAY HAVE WHAT I NEED AND ILL BE SEEING HIM THIS WEEK

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ONE THOUGH AND THE £ COST. HAPPY OT VISIT AND COLLECT

Re: Silk Oil tank

Hi Arthur

I will take some pictures as it may help you as I think you should have the early type.

Paul