Silk Meet in 2019 - Darley Abbey, Derby?

Silk Meet in 2019 - Darley Abbey, Derby?

gilesorton
Would anyone be interested in some sort of a meet in 2019? I have it in mind that I might be able to gain some access to Boar's Head Mill, Darley Abbey (now known as Darley Abbey Mills) though probably not to the unit where the Silks were made.

Re: Silk Meet in 2019 - Darley Abbey, Derby?

hendred
A 240 mile round tripon a Silk is a bit much for me I'm afraid.  Don't think I would trust the bike to go that far from home either!  30 miles to Popham is my preference - Popham Megameet, 11th August 2019.  We managed to get three Silks there one year.

Re: Silk Meet in 2019 - Darley Abbey, Derby?

peter Whitwell
Sounds a great idea

Re: Silk Meet in 2019 - Darley Abbey, Derby?

peter Whitwell
Morning everyone Is there appetite for any meet up this year 2019 somewhere mid country ?

Re: Silk Meet in 2019 - Darley Abbey, Derby?

peter Whitwell

Re: Silk Meet in 2019 - Darley Abbey, Derby?

gilesorton
Thanks for the Crich notification. That is very close to me so I will roll up for that. If Derby is too far North for many I  would also be up for a Silk meet in the summer somewhere in Central England. National Motorcycle Museum maybe?

Re: Silk Meet in 2019 - Darley Abbey, Derby?

I always have a stand booked at Popham mega meet in August.
It's a cracking meet and gas lots of facilities for camping or local hotels etc.
The most so far was 4 planned bikes but happy to arrange a club stand for anyone interested.