Silk 700S Copper Head gaskets

Titan500
Hi guys , a friend of mine whom is very well known in the LC scene makes a wide variety of copper head gaskets. These are laser cut to the highest of standards , and I am having some Silk 700S copper head gaskets manufactured. These will be £24 including postage so I wanted to put the word out here and see if any of you were interested :) ?
Kindest regards

Re: Silk 700S Copper Head gaskets

hendred
Be interesting to know what head bolt  torque setting you are thinking of using for the solid(?)copper gasket.  The recommended setting for the original type of gasket is quite low.  Will that be enough to get a good seal with a copper gasket?

Water leaks into the bores is not unknown and can cause a lot of damage.

Be interesting to hear your experience with the copper gasket

Re: Silk 700S Copper Head gaskets

yes I agree I would be very doubtful about using the copper head gasket. To get an even torque across the head stopping water leaks could easily strip the soft barrel threads.
The standard gaskets are still available from Clive and work really well with careful build and use of quality sealant around the water ways. I would stick with the tried and tested composite gasket to be honest.
Torquing the head is a careful job even at the low torques required and many have suffered from stripped threads and as Hendred states water leaks be very very careful

Re: Silk 700S Copper Head gaskets

Titan500
I appreciate your opinion , unfortunately the composite head gaskets are no longer available from our dear Clive , sales of the head gaskets have already been outstanding..

Re: Silk 700S Copper Head gaskets

Best I give Clive a call and guard my spares with a big guard dog