Silencers.

Stenton
I believe that the original silencer for my 1977 700s was an OSSA, and these do not seem to be available now. I would like to replace it, but the firm that used to make them appears to have gone out of business. I went to see S/S exhausts at Cullompton this morning to see if they could make a S/S one for me, but they told me that they could not make it because of the conical sections. Can anyone recommend a firm that could make a replica for me?

Re: Silencers.

I am still waiting for feedback from the company that are looking into it for me. Will let you know when something happens but I will chase them.

Re: Silencers.

peter Whitwell
Hi The Exhaust for my 700 was made by Alldens Exhausts Market Rasen in 2012 ----01673 862286 tell us if you find them useful please.

Re: Silencers.

Hendred
An earlier posting on silencers said this phone number was not in use and the Allden Exhausts website was unavailable.  Looked again today and found Alden Exhausts trading from the same address with a different phone number- 01673 866533.  Might be worth giving them a call to see if they can help.

Re: Silencers.

http://www.campbellcustom.co.uk/ quoted me £300 for a one off to the original standard. I have since found one so I am using an original chrome one. Hope this helps?

Re: Silencers.

Stenton
Thanks for the info Hendred, and I will try them again.

Re: Silencers.

Stenton
Smokey Paul,
Thank you for this information, and I will contact John Campbell and see if he can help.
Clive Worrall has kindly sent me a copy of the drawings and specs. for the MkII Silk exhaust system, and that should be useful.

Re: Silencers.

can you send me the drawing so I can put it on the website for anyone else that wants it?

Re: Silencers.

Stenton
Certainly; I have just sent them via email.