Seat base

JJ

Seat base

JJ
Does anyone have a base for a seat, not the tail piece and platform that fits on the frame but the base of the upholstered bit, please. If there's a mould for one I could borrow I'd be happy to make my own, (I have made canoes in the past) Can anyone help please?
JJ

Re: Seat base

Kev made a seat base he may still have the mould try him?
JJ

RE: Seat base

JJ
Could someone send me Kev's email please?
Mine is [hidden email]
TVM
JJ

Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 00:51:13 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Seat base

Kev made a seat base he may still have the mould try him?

http://silk-motorcycles.6084.x6.nabble.com/Seat-base-tp5001393p5001395.html
To unsubscribe from Seat base, click here.
NAML

RE: Seat base

gasman
Administrator
jj
When I made my seat i used a sticky back foam that i stuck onto the seat / tail unit around the edge where the seat fits onto and then stretched cling film around the lot, this gave a bit of play you need when the seat base  gets upholstered. I then just layered glass fibre cloth approx four layers heavy mat, when dry removed base. The best then is to send it to saddlecraft where they did a superb job of making the seat foam and covering for a very good price, if my memory serves me £145. As you can see from the above photo. This seat fits so nicely it doesn't have any fasteners to hold it down and never comes loose so no need for that wonderful seat clip, unless you want it. Kev

www.saddlecraft.com

JJ

RE: Seat base

JJ
Thanks.
Thats dashed clever -I'll give it a go after Popham: might get a sticky bum riding there otherwise!
Presumably the sticky foam is pretty thin stuff, where do you get it?
JJ

Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 05:35:37 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]