Seat Fixing

peter Whitwell
My 700s Seat seem only to have a very simple push in fixing other wise its only by a wing and a prayer this can't be right is it ?,

I read somewhere the seat is hinged but i can't see any fixing can any one help?

Peter

Re: Seat Fixing

Hendred
The seat on a MKII is held in place by a single push in pin fixing at the tank end.  One owner used a cooker oven door catch as a replacement! It isn't hinged.

Re: Seat Fixing

peter Whitwell

Thanks very much for the update --mine is just as you describe, Wow!

Peter

Re: Seat Fixing

The original fitting is from a caravan cupboard door lock

I used a stainless oven door lock and that worked really well. I have pictures for the new site soon.

Re: Seat Fixing

Titan500
looking forwards to seeing them , the rubber insert in mine is completely buggered :)