SILK 700S MK2 CARB SETTINGS

Eric Ratcliffe
Hi,
Lost the original carb settings, 38mm mk2 amal.
Bike does not wanting to start, only short firing.
Anyone got these settings,thanks in advance.

Eric.

Re: SILK 700S MK2 CARB SETTINGS

hendred
Here are the settings I'm using on my Silk with the 38mm carb:

2D Needle
107  two stroke needle jet
Pilot jet 20
Main Jet 490
Throttle slide 3
Starter Jet 50
Needle clip in middle position

These settings are close to those in the Tech Data above.

The bike starts and runs ok but four strokes at small throttle openings, I'm looking at trying a different throttle slide to see if it helps.  Plug colour is good.  I found the Pilot Jet blocks up very easily; symptons - starts ok when the choke is on and then dies when choke taken off.  Hope this helps.