Rev Counter type

Arthur Farrow
My Silk does not have  a Rev counter nor ever seems to have ( blanking plate)

Firstly does anybody have one they could sell?
Or can anybody tell me what the Smith number is ? From a picture there is no number on the face??

I'm going to use a Boyer ignition system (Clive W did the conversion) does anybody know if the Smiths will work with it? I am aware somebody makes good looking replicas (Caerbont Automotive)

CHEERS...this thing will eventually live assuming I live long enough!!

ARTHUR

Re: Rev Counter type

hendred
Sorry, don't have one for sale. The original one fitted to a Silk was a Veglia electronic tacho similar the one fitted to a Morini.  The vibration tended to destroy them.  The Smiths tacho that will fit is a RVC1414 FOUR CYLINDER FOUR STROKE type, 80mm diameter, as fitted to some MGB's. My understanding is that Smiths never made an electronic tacho for a bike so they may not be sealed for really wet weather. The Smiths RVC series tacho should work with electronic ignition, the earlier RVI type probably won't. I have a TIM 80mm tacho on my bike and it works well. Put "tacho" in the search box and you will find several threads on this topic.

Re: Rev Counter type

hendred
The Smiths RVC 1004 four stroke four cycle will fit, usually has a nice chrome bezel which is a better match with the speedo.  Used on some old Mini's I think.

Re[2]: Rev Counter type

Arthur Farrow
many thanks for that . Just at the moment I think I'll stick without. I just for the engine back in the frame ...I'm not as strong as I was but a cheap scissor bike jack was brilliant to lift the motor...only to discover the left hand bottom engine bolt is stripped in the crankcase

Lifes like that sometimes eh??

The Smiths RVC 1004 four stroke four cycle will fit, usually has a nice chrome bezel which is a better match with the speedo.  Used on some old Mini's I think.

http://silk-motorcycles.6084.x6.nabble.com/Rev-Counter-type-tp5001843p5001845.html
To unsubscribe from Rev Counter type, click here.
NAML

Avast logo