Rear brake cable

peter Whitwell
Help please Is there a off the shelf cable for the back brake or is it going to be Bespoke?

Re: Rear brake cable

Hendred
I think JJ Cables have the dimensions for all the cables on a Silk. Suggest giving them a call.

Re: Rear brake cable

Hi Peter I have some spares from the original factory stock.

PM me

Re: Rear brake cable

peter Whitwell
Thanks very much to the ones that replied

Re: Rear brake cable

Arthur Farrow
I need a rear brake cable too!

Left foot brake...…..long cable runs from left to right. Before I call JJ anybody got a spare?

Re: Rear brake cable

Arthur Farrow
I have taken a trip (only a few miles away-social distanced in Covid 19 era of course) to JJ cables and given them my original to make up a few for me to make it worth while

Left side brake lever and long cable

If anybody wants one please shout. they have dimension but they said they would love an original to copy

Note adjusters are 5/16 BSF an unusual size which apparently Scott used !!

Re: Rear brake cable

Arthur Farrow
I have had made 2 extra cables LONG ones for LH Brake. Made to original pattern

They will be £35 incl post / packing which is cost. If they do not sell they will go on e bay for a bit more to cover their fees etc.

Re: Rear brake cable

Arthur Farrow
I still have the 2 cables I made extra to help anybody. I also have 2 of what I think are original cables in my Silk Parts pile.

Roll up Roll up at this rate there will be no more made!!

Re: Rear brake cable

Put me down for one please