Ready To Go

gasman
Administrator
The Colchester is now set up and ready to earn it's keep
A 4hp single phase motor.
 A coolant pump
  The 20 thou deviation taken out from the head, it now cuts true over 6 inches, 24.82mm from last check on both ends, happy day's.

    Just need the metal used for the crank webs so I can start a repair.

crank web

     Will keep updated when I start via forum and photo's.

 Barrels should be on their way back to me again after the exhaust port split after the new liners where fitted and also a combination of the R barrel being too tuned and leaving the wall very thin, it lasted about 7 miles. So the new liners have been fitted to the spare block.

One day I might have the pleasure of riding this bike under its own power, not on the end of a tow rope with my other have at the wheel, I'm finding all my clothes have shrunk on one arm.????

Re: Ready To Go

gasman
Administrator
Still waiting for metal type and also for the barrel to be returned.

Spent the last couple of weeks reorganising my shed and making a new bench,
vice and grinder are now bolted down,
also I have a tool board and the tools are on it, well some anyway.

it seems as though all Silks have been or are in the process of getting put to bed for the winter.

I'm looking for a small milling machine or a cheap big one and I am going to try and replicate the oil pump and bit's.

Will keep you posted

Kev

Re: Ready To Go

Crumbs Kev we will all be coming to you for our crank work soon, maybe that second bike is looking a go'er....