Re: Silk history book

ukpco5hf69
I look forward to reading it. The publication date looks a bit tight to get it as a Christmas present though.

Re: Silk history book

There is loads of info put in the book which I will not put on the website so its a one off and hopefully full of interesting history and most of it from George and Clive.

Some lovely pictures from the factory too and bits I never knew.

Paul

Re: Silk history book

AFM_2
Hi Paul,  real shame about the book.  Would you be willing to share the manuscript for people to copy themselves?  For a small fee, of course.

Re: Silk history book

Yes Amberley Publishings behaviour has been very unprofessional and I would not recomend anyone to deal with them for sure.

They had issues with the original factory pictures from the 70's etc being low quality and not HD, I did explain that these were from the 70's and HD was not available and to be honest they were pretty good and would have given the book a period feel. I think they just want a write up on a brand new Honda with brand new boring HD pictures of the bike.

This book is a beautiful history lots taken from Georges mouth which should be captured on paper, I was also about 1500 words short which I have since added but they never even asked for the updates even though I offered it to them with an example of the extra pages.

Once I get everything back from them I have another publisher really interested in the book but if that does not come off do not worry I will publish the whole thing on this website free for everyone to download and read.

Re: Silk history book

peter Whitwell
Its a shame but that business today it seems - best of luck with the new publisher a friend of mine published book with a small run typeset by Highlight type bureau Bradford west yorkshire BD8 7BY then had it printed by Amadeus press Cleckheaton West Yorkshire BD19 4TQ,
Another friend published his small run books by Parrott print Highlode Industrial Estate, Stocking Fen Rd, Ramsey, Huntingdon PE26 2RB
Phone: 01487 711107 hope these are useful to you.