Primary Chain Tensioner

gasman
Administrator
Does anyone have or have there engine apart a tensioner that I could copy as I'm not happy with the previous one I made. Or make a drawing with dimensions, Thanks Kev

Re: Primary Chain Tensioner

which bit do you need as the blade is from a T150?

Re: Primary Chain Tensioner

gasman
Administrator
I didn't have anything, I guessed at the base plate and made a (thing), not too good so would like to try and make a better one.

Re: Primary Chain Tensioner

Kev the adjuster does not require a lot of science it is just a flat plate with a nut welded on the bottom side, thru this goes the adjuster screw which pushes up on the T150 slipper blade which is held on one end by a pivot post and thats it.

I was told that people have had to strengthen the base plate as it can twist and bend under pressure but mine looked fine.

Re: Primary Chain Tensioner

gasman
Administrator

I think i have sorted it. I had the pivit too far back. Now moved and all seems fine

Sent from Samsung mobile

"Smokey_Paul [via Silk Motorcycles]" wrote:

Kev the adjuster does not require a lot of science it is just a flat plate with a nut welded on the bottom side, thru this goes the adjuster screw which pushes up on the T150 slipper blade which is held on one end by a pivot post and thats it.

I was told that people have had to strengthen the base plate as it can twist and bend under pressure but mine looked fine.

http://silk-motorcycles.6084.x6.nabble.com/Primary-Chain-Tensioner-tp5000843p5000850.html
To start a new topic under Silk Motorcycles, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Silk Motorcycles, click here.
NAML