Oilpump Cable Termination

Garenne
Oilpump Cable Run

Finally delving into the boxes of bits that are supposed to constitute an early Silk engine in the hope of getting the whole bike up together this year.  There have been a few hurdles to overcome but I thought I would ask about this small problem on putting the oilpump together.

I was wondering if this is the normal layout for the cable run for the Silk oilpump adjusting arm.  The cable inlet is out of line in both directions relative to the cable termination on the arm.  As far as I know this engine never had the oilpump connected to the throttle but had the adjustment set in a fixed position as it was only used as a racer.

Any suggestions?

Re: Oilpump Cable Termination

Hendred
Had a look at my oil pump and the cable entry looks similar.  I think you will find the alignment better when you assemble the pump and get the operating cam in the correct position.

Re: Oilpump Cable Termination

aSSmoothaS
The socket (cap) screw doesn't belong in that position,
that is the entry point for the cable.
Take it out and the cable will line up with the operating arm.
Hope this helps.