MZ CHAIN GAITORS

Eric Ratcliffe
Hi,
From what model MZ, are the chain gaitors fitted on Silks.

Re: MZ CHAIN GAITORS

MZ 251 ETZ among others they are readily available from eBay etc.

Re: MZ CHAIN GAITORS

Hendred
Paul - please check the part no. on your gaitors.  Mine are 05 28 042 and are from a MZ ETS 250 Trophy Sport.

The MZ Shop sells the gaitors and list this one for the Silk 700S. The ETZ 251 has a different part no. and I don't know the difference between them.

Re: MZ CHAIN GAITORS

Jimbob
I have a 'Parts for Reference' list which came with the bike. Dated May '93 it says chain gaitors MZ ES250.

Re: MZ CHAIN GAITORS

Hi I trust your part number but I dont think there is much difference I think they all fit but I will have a look at the weekend. I am sure I fitted mine from the later bike but I have had a sleep and a cup of tea since then..

Re: MZ CHAIN GAITORS

Hendred you are right I bought mine from a MZ TS 250 not the ETZ if this is the same model you state, the part number is not the same as you say (not that is a surprise for MZ) but here is a close up of mine fitted from the TS 250 model. Hope this helps?

Re: MZ CHAIN GAITORS

Found this with Hendreds part number.

http://www.themzshop.co.uk/category/chain-drive_r4/

Re: MZ CHAIN GAITORS

Hendred
I have some original TS250/1 gaitors (don't ask why!) and they are just about the same length as the ES250 ones but are slimmer in profile.  I expect either will work ok.