Lucas Headlamp Bulbs

hendred
Restarting an old topic.  If you have the original Lucas headlight the 463 bulbs from Lucas have long been obsolete.  The Ring Automotive replacement gives a very strange beam pattern.  The dip beam seemed to go the wrong way - up not down. I have now sourced an original Lucas 463 bulb and compare the two.  The shielding for the dip beam on the Ring bulb is 180 degrees out compared to the Lucas and the main beam filament is in a slightly different position.  Be interesting to hear what my MOT man says this year as he commented that the beam pattern was wrong with the Ring bulb.  The bulbs came from a Lucas Brighteyes square headlight halogen conversion set for Ford Capri 1971 vintage! Also fits Chrysler and Triumph Toledo.