Kickstart rubber

Stenton.
Please can anyone tell me what is the correct kickstart rubber for my Silk 700s?

Re: Kickstart rubber

The kickstart should be a standard Triumph Adventurer 500cc Kickstart and you can get unbrnded rubbers that fit for Triumph.

Re: Kickstart rubber

Stenton
Thanks for the information. I am just about to start cleaning and imnvestigating the 1977 Silk 700s I have bought and will, no doubt, need various other bits as work proceeds.

Re: Kickstart rubber

Hendred
One rubber part you may consider getting now is headlamp support rubbers.  These are generally perished by now.  They have been remade by a Silk owner and there are only a few sets left. Do an eBay search for"Silk 700s" and you will find them there.  Useful to have if you plan to keep the bike for a long time.

My rider footrest rubbers split when I started using the bike after a long layup.  Don't know what the originals were but standard square hole Triumph footrest rubbers used in 1970's with the closed end cut off with a hacksaw worked well.  I got my replacement kick-start and footrest rubbers from a Triumph parts stall at Popham, using the originals as a pattern.

Hope this helps

Re: Kickstart rubber

Stenton
Thanks for your most useful information.