Kick start return spring?

Nick
Mine has finally given up and I expect its the original so understandable!

My question is what spring fits?

And is it just a case of taking off the front 3 Allen screws?
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Kick start return spring?

Chris Exelby
Hi Nick, welcome to the group!

If you search ‘Kick Start’ in the search bow you will find a string relating when I had exactly the same problem in May 2021. All now resolved with the help of the more experienced members.

Re: Kick start return spring?

hendred
Scott Parts has closed.  Try Clive or Smokey Paul - they may have one.  Also Arthur Farrow may have one in his spares.  Otherwise we may have to join the Scott Owners Club or get a friend in the club to access their spares scheme.

Re: Kick start return spring?

hendred
Yes,  access to the spring is gained by removing the three bolts holding the kickstart housing to the gearbox end cover.

Re: Kick start return spring?

Yes Nick I have some to be heat treated now

Re: Kick start return spring?

Arthur Farrow
I think the springs were Scott and available from Scottparts...a business now sadly closed

I may have one but if smokey paul is having some new made then that sounds good