Kick start bearing

Peter Whitwell
looking to replace the kick start bearing as its leaking oil on to the exhaust--checking suggested bearing
RHP 6004 2RS 40od -20id 14w----- specification for this bearing is 42-20-12 is this correct?

Re: Kick start bearing

Hendred
Ah, I see the problem now.  I can't find a standard bearing with 40x20x14 so I suspect the quoted dimensions are incorrect.  The 6004 is 42x20x12 as you have stated. Not having looked at the bearing I can't confirm the correct number.  It's pretty easy to get at the bearing to confirm the correct number and Simply Bearings have always delivered new bearings overnight.  If I remember correctly the only difficult part is winding up the kick-start return spring when reassembling.  I used a piece of string in the end to hold it tight.

Don't forget to check the layshaft bearing when you have the kick-start off.

Sorry this doesn't really answer you question.

Re: Kick start bearing

Peter Whitwell
Thanks for your help--

Re: Kick start bearing

peter Whitwell
Replaced bearing and resealed it Perfect.
Thanks for your help everyone