Insurance

Keepin' on
Anyone who’s a member of VMCC - their insurance scheme introduced this year is well worth trying. The club put me in touch with a valuer who charged a very modest fee to settle agreed valuations on my machines (not always easy given a Silk’s rarity). The brokers, Peter James Insurance, then came in with a very competitive premium - much below my renewal quote: I’ve switched.

Re: Insurance

Arthur Farrow
As a long term Insurance professional (but International Heavy industrial) forcing myself into semi retirement after 50 years I'm a bit sceptical about the facility and urge caution. Nowhere do they say who the actual Insurer is and I find this rather daunting. Peter James is a Broker not an Insurer and I would rather not afterwards find out who the actual Insurer is. It is possible it is a grouping of Insurers, with PJ having some form of authority over pricing and claims but it should be stated. I suggest the question is asked, they should happily advise. It would be a legal requirement under FCA rules.

PJ was of course a founding partner of Footman James and an excellent fellow but he retired a couple of years ago and I am certain left good things behind, but cheap is not a criteria that should be accepted about all else in Insurance.

My own insurance has been with Footman James for over 20 years they cover all my billions of bikes and a few cars under one policy-their long term service suits me, I always talk to the same person and I know who the Insurer is and their reputation. I self certify values and FJ do research - not hard on the internet. Cost is just one part of the buying decision. Take it from me - Yer gets what yer pays for!!

Re: Insurance

Great advice and thank you