Inactive Forum

gasman
Administrator
Is it possible that all the Silks are running correctly and not causing any problems to current owners, or are you all shy and do not want to admit to any failings. Not a lot happening here guys???????

Anyhow Ill just share my Scott with you all,

She has a 1929 frame and a 1928 engine, I think Norton forks,

and now a little work carried out

Re: Inactive Forum

ukpco
zl4fuLooks like you're doing a great job of restoring it - but I kind of liked it as found. Last time I had an immaculate, newly restored bike I hardly rode it in case I spoilt it. Ridiculous, I know, but I do have a soft spot for old, oily rag bikes.

Lovely to see another old bike on the way back onto the road.

Re: Inactive Forum

gasman
Administrator
I know what you mean, but as this had stood for 35 years or so and had some work done before i bought it i wanted to check before i broke anything, It only had a single piston ring fitted and the bearings required replacement etc, pictures lie a bit  I'm doing it to ride not show. A couple of trips around the Perth countryside and maybe the Isle of Sky  and Applecross, I'm sure it will be looking a little less fresh.
Good riding to all Kev
.

Re: Inactive Forum

Hi Kev glad to see you are back doing something sensible other than that car thing

I would love to do Applecross sometime too maybe we should have a meet up ON A SUNNY Day

Re: Inactive Forum

gasman
Administrator
Sensible, me nah you got the wrong guy.

Car thing was something different, challenge was rebuilding front end and chassis, job done so it had to go.

Always preferred two wheels anyway.

Always welcome to meet up, one day you never know.

Have you ever heard about the first Silk since I gave it away, would love to set it up with a good ignition system and see what difference it would make compared to Pazon.  But there again I'd be going back to the dark side.

Kev

Re: Inactive Forum

sorry not a word....