Ignition Switch

Titan500
Can anyone tell me what a good replacement for my ignition switch would be , it has two tires coming from it ,I have heard Silk used \Suzuki ones but there is no part number on the switch.. Any ideas :) ??

Re: Ignition Switch

Hendred
I believe it is a Lucas switch.  Without taking my bike apart I can't be sure which type.  Try looking at Auto Electrical Spares web site.  They have a good selection of Lucas two position ignition switches which you could match yours against.  The S45 type seems be a common fitment to 70's vehicles.  Comes with or without lock barrel and keys.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Re: Ignition Switch

Mine are both Suzuki GS750 switches and I still have Suzuki stamped keys with them but Hendred is right earlier ones used standard Lucas type. Should be obvious if you look at them the Suzuki one will be more sturdy and better finished

Re: Ignition Switch

AFM_2
Hi,
Re ignition switch: I bought a 2 position, 4 terminal Lucas Copy switch from RGM Motors, part # 30608 (as pre-1968 Norton).  It fits and works fine and comes with a new barrel and keys.  (My bike = 1978)
Andrew