Gearbox Gasket

Chris Exelby
Fitting my re-bushed kick start shaft and I was wondering if there should be a gasket between the gearbox and the outer panel. There was not one there when I stripped it down. It leaks of course, so was going to use gasket sealer. If there is a gasket then that would obviously be better. If any one can help that would be great. Gearbox Silk number 46

Re: Gearbox Gasket

hendred
No gasket on my cover joint.  I used ordinary rtv  silicone sealant and have no leaks.

Re: Gearbox Gasket

Chris Exelby
Thanks Hendred, I just did not want to do the job twice!

Re: Gearbox Gasket

Use Threebond it's fantastic no leaks and a nice grey ally colour. Paint it on with a artist brush and clean first brake cleaner or alike for a perfect seal.