Gaiters ??

Titan500
Hey guys , an anyone suggest any gaiters to use for my restoration??

Re: Gaiters ??

Hendred
This was a lengthy topic earlier in the year.  Suggest you look at the More MZ Gaiter Stuff near the bottom of this page and the first item at the top of page 2.  Looks like you pay your money and take your pick which way to go!

Good luck and let us know which gaiters you go for and how you get on with them.

Re: Gaiters ??

My original ones were Wassell BSA type.

Re: Gaiters ??

Hendred
I was thinking of chain gaiters in my earlier reply.  I think the BSA type fork gaiters are part no 42-5320 and they are 190mm long and readily available.  The ones on my bike were 220mm with the same end diameters as the BSA gaiter.  I used Hi Level Part Number 263721 as replacements which are 220mm.  I got them on Ebay but can't find them any more though they are still available from Hi Level.  The following is similar only 200mm long: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321069729897?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The sides of the gaiters had to be ground off to fit between the mudguard and fork leg.

Hope this helps.

Re: Gaiters ??

titan500