Front End Removal

AFM_2
Hello All,  does anyone have any suggestions re nifty ways to support the front end during workshop sessions?  My fork seals are leaking and I would like to remove both the front wheel and forks to attend to them.  My attempts to date have always left too much weight over the back.  Thanks

Re: Front End Removal

gasman
Administrator
i use a tube going between frame and engine just below the exhaust pipes with a bit of rubber as protective . and at each end placed on a car axle stand. it works well for me. once the wheel is out a car sisser jack or threaded rod with a couple of nuts works well between the lower legs to very gently spread the forks so the mudguard comes out without damage.

Re: Front End Removal

I have a Big Blue Bike lift in my workshop which is a god send some days but in the Silk's case you have to remove the exhaust before anything can happen on the lift. It then lifts on the frame and you can have both wheels in the air, I then drop the whole front end as an assy once the wheel is out as I dont want to damage anything but it is a real pain and I hate doing it.

RE: Front End Removal

AFM_2

Thanks

Andrew Miles