Exhaust

Nick
Could anyone send me a photo of what the exhaust baffle should look like before the wadding is applied?
Mine seems to have come adrift and the previous owner just wrapped wadding round the mesh and stuffed it in.

Nick    jones19687@btinternet.com
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Exhaust

Nick
there seems to be more internals futher down the silencer
How is this removed as mine has old wadding in need of replacement half way down?
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Exhaust

Fredvincent
Nick,
The baffle on my mk2 is a 40mm dia rolled mesh welded tube and 280 long. It is swaged at one end.
The swaged end fits over the end of the baffle cone (reverse cone) which is welded into the exhaust.
You can see this on the sketch in the technical section.
Hope this helps.
Roger

Re: Exhaust

Ah I see lol

Fred is spot on just wrap some wadding around the tube, if some has broken up and is stuck in the exhaust just dig it out as it's all one piece construction.
The wadding should only be at the tail and it usually just soaks up 2 stroke and breaks up anyway.

Re: Exhaust

Nick
thanks mine is much the same and about 40mm unlike what's shown on the drawing

I have wrapped wading one layer thick round the whole length and will see how it works.
The pdf drawing just seems to show wadding pushed in around the end.
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Exhaust

Correct I wrap wadding  the whole length, mind you after a while it dissappears