Engine required for racing project

fatherted
I am looking to purchase a Silk 700s engine Mk1 or Mk2 for a racing project.
I've always been involved in racing and I have a 1980 Honda RSW125 at the moment.
I also have a Seeley Mk3 frame and it would be nice to put an English 2 stroke engine in it and 'wave the flag' so as to speak.  I know nothing at all about silks but I have always had a soft spot for them.
At my age it will be nice and steady, classic racing, 'BEARS' class with the VMCC, or just parading and trackdays etc.......it would probably turn some heads as I have never seen one racing before........I will purchase a complete bike if required.......Any help or advice please......07710-401194

Re: Engine required for racing project

gasman
Administrator
Good luck with that as you will need it. As far as I know there where only two extra engines made, one I'm sure where it is but you will have zero chance of buying it, the second was sold at auction a few years ago to a number. You would be better to get the casings cast and make one as the drawings are available.  I'm just starting to make a crankshaft for my own bike. The gearbox will be the same situation. Oil pumps are unobtainable  as is the luminition system if you use other electronics use Boyer as Pazon does not work correctly as found to my cost. Barrels head etc need to be made although you can still get piston sets at approx £350.
Be careful as to which porting you use as some do not work properly with later ignitions. All the best Kev
Sent from my iPhone

On 29 Sep 2013, at 11:35, "fatherted [via Silk Motorcycles]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am looking to purchase a Silk 700s engine Mk1 or Mk2 for a racing project.
I've always been involved in racing and I have a 1980 Honda RSW125 at the moment.
I also have a Seeley Mk3 frame and it would be nice to put an English 2 stroke engine in it and 'wave the flag' so as to speak.  I know nothing at all about silks but I have always had a soft spot for them.
At my age it will be nice and steady, classic racing, 'BEARS' class with the VMCC, or just parading and trackdays etc.......it would probably turn some heads as I have never seen one racing before........I will purchase a complete bike if required.......Any help or advice please......07710-401194

http://silk-motorcycles.6084.x6.nabble.com/Engine-required-for-racing-project-tp5000924.html
To start a new topic under Silk Motorcycles, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Silk Motorcycles, click here.
NAML