Chain adjustment

Nick
After over 600 running in miles I decided the chain seemed to have too much play. although this is difficult to get an accurate measurement.
I set it with my wife sat on it, tightened everything up but when I wheeled the bike backwards into the garage you could hear the chain rubbing. I removed the chain cover and the chain was rubbing on the bottom edge of the guard= still too slack I thought so I tightened the chain up slightly - but this made it worse!
I have slackened off the chain so not rubbing occurs but am not happy as I am worried the chain is too slack as I am not starting to open the bike up.
Any help gratefully received
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Chain adjustment

Nick
Worked it out I was turning the adjuster away from the rear(which seems correct)- but you turn it towards it!
Its a beautifully engineered set up, but must have cost a lot to manufacture
/Users/nickgilljones/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 14.53.54.png

Re: Chain adjustment

Yes Nick sorry you turn to lengthen the swing arm in the frame realistically