2" Monza fuel cap

Stenton
I would like to remove the Monza fuel cap from the petrol tank on my SILK before having the tank painted. It appears to be screwed on to a threaded collar which is itself welded to the tank opening, but is very tight and I don`t want to use excessive force in case I damage something. Suggestions, please?

Re: 2" Monza fuel cap

It should be sealed / glued onto the tank neck.

I would suggest the painter masks the cap and you leave well alone.

Its a bitch to re-seal afterwards and you can have fuel leak around the neck and damage the paint.

Re: 2" Monza fuel cap

Stenton
Thanks for the advice, and it will not be disturbed by the paintshop.