1977 Silk 700s for sale

jcor
Hello gentlemen,

If anyone is interested or knows of an interested party we have a 1977 700s for sale on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-Other-Makes-Silk-700s-Sabre-MK-2-/192305159925?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Just thought I would pass the word.
Cheers

Re: 1977 Silk 700s for sale

ukpco
Looks good value. There's a similar bike for sale on carandclassic.com at a dealers for £17k.

Re: 1977 Silk 700s for sale

love the oil pump cable wizard's hat

Re: 1977 Silk 700s for sale

The one for 17K is no. 138 the sister bike to mine and was fully rebuilt and restored by me even though the dealer ignored my notes I sent him on the mistakes in his sales talk lol

Re: 1977 Silk 700s for sale

jcor
Thanks for your note. Sale includes a new oil pump cable as well as new throttle and clutch cables. Sealing the oil pump case stopped the inherent leakage but injection oil then accumulated in the pump case and makes its way up the cable to splooge over the engine. The band aid is unsightly, perhaps someone has an alternative suggestion. When inquired, no one had a better 'fix'. Perhaps the expert who purchases the Silk can repair in a manner that preserves the original nature of the cable.

Re: 1977 Silk 700s for sale

Hi did you replace the o rings inside the pump as this will cause oil build up inside the case itself? Also make sure you have slight slack in the cable at idle.

Re: 1977 Silk 700s for sale

jcor
Thank you. Excellent suggestion.  The O-rings inside the pump may not have been replaced. Not thinking  there might be internal pump parts that would cause it to leak, as this type of pump is not all that similar to other injection pumps.  One reason why this Silk needs a knowledgable owner/restorer.

Is there a price at which you or another individual might be interested? if not now, then perhaps in the near future. Or maybe you know someone who would be interested and pay you to restore it, resulting in a win for all concerned.

Always free to chat.  Cheers

Re: 1977 Silk 700s for sale

Hi yes please email me I may well know a potential owner looking for such a bike and import would not be an issue.